There are several oxygen physical properties :
1. Oxygen is colorless, odorless and tasteless gas.
2. Specific gravity is 1.106.
3. Molecular weight is 32.
4. In normal atmospheric pressure it liquefies at 183°C.
5. Solubility in water is 2.4 volume% at 37°C and 4.9 volume% at 0°C.
6. Inflammibility—it cannot be ignited but its presence aids the combustion. With oil or grease under pressure it causes explosion, this being one of the important oxygen physical properties .
7. It is non-metallic element present freely in atmosphere and it is 1/5 by volume of air (21%).
8. It is important constituent of animals, vegetables and minerals.
9. Liquid oxygen is stored at a temperature of 150 to 170 degrees Celsius and at a pressure of 5 to 10 atmospheres. The temperature of container is maintained by high vacuum shell.
Among the other oxygen physical properties is that the Evaporation of liquid oxygen needs heat (latent heat of vapourization). The heat is taken from liquid oxygen and aids to maintain its low temperature. The cold oxygen is warmed outside in copper coil tubing.